Where are bookings being taken? To make a booking you can book online via our website or app (if the premises has one). For larger parties please contact the premises directly.
Are walk ins allowed? We always try and accommodate walk-ins, however, to ensure you get a table at your preferred time we advise booking online.
Do I need to wear a facemask? For our guests and team members in England, Wales and Scotland the wearing of masks is a personal preference.
Are you doing takeaway? We offer several different takeaway and delivery options. You can purchase through our apps or online, while a number of our sites partner with Just Eat, Deliveroo and Uber Eats to offer a to-your-door delivery service.
Are you accepting cash or is it card only? We advise our guests, wherever possible, to pay by card or contactless methods. We accept contactless card payments up to £100, Apple Pay and Google Pay.
Will your team members be using PPE? If so, what? England and Wales: For our guests and team members in England and Wales, the wearing of masks is a personal preference.
Scotland: It is mandatory for all our guests and team members to wear a face covering whilst moving around our bar or restaurant. It is not necessary to wear a face covering when seated at your table. This does not apply to children under the age of 5 in Scotland, or to guests and team members with medical exemptions.
How often are the furniture and any touch points being cleaned? We will continue our enhanced rigorous cleaning policy that includes regular doubled-in-frequency cleaning checks, as well as adding a number of new policies and procedures to make sure that our environment is as clean and safe as possible.
How often are the toilets being cleaned? Toilet checks and cleaning procedures are being carried out by a designated member of staff every 30 minutes. If you see any issues whilst using our facilities, please make a member of the team aware so it can be rectified straight away.
How often are the kitchens being cleaned? Our kitchens are always cleaned regularly, throughout the day, every day.
Are team members washing hands frequently? Yes, our team members are advised to wash their hands at least once every 30 minutes, and after any occasion where they may have come into contact with an object of risk or another person.
Are your team members being tested? We will continue to carry out daily health checks before every team member starts a shift. Anyone presenting symptoms is being asked to immediately self-isolate.
What distance are you applying in your table spacing? Our table spacing is in line with current government guidelines to ensure the safety of both our staff and guests alike.
One of your staff is heard to be unwell but not taking time off - what are you doing about it? All our staff complete a health check survey before starting work. Anyone presenting symptoms is being asked to self-isolate with immediate effect.
If someone who has visited or works at one of your restaurants becomes unwell what are you doing about it?
If we become aware that someone has visited one of our sites and subsequently becomes unwell then we will immediately follow the government guidelines in place.
What is your covid policy? Is this available to view? Our Covid-19 policy can be viewed on our website.
If specific areas are locked down or have a raised R rate will you close? We will follow government and local authority guidelines to maintain the safety of our guests and staff, as well as protecting the local area.
Our pubs don't have their own email addresses, so if you'd like to talk to the manager please call him or her directly. You'll find the phone number on the "home" and "find us" pages of your nearest pub.
Yes, you can find us on social media via Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. See the bottom of our homepage to find the links.
You can book at any of our pubs (subject to availability, of course) by making a reservation online or simply by giving them a call.
For same-day bookings, you can reserve your table online before 10.30am for lunch and by 4pm for dinner. You can also book up to three months in advance of the date you want to dine. Just pop onto our "Book a table" page, search and book for any of our pubs, then await your confirmation email. Easy. If you're planning a big get-together or a special occasion, you might want to call the pub you have in mind. You'll find the phone number on the home and find us pages of your nearest pubs website.
To cancel an online booking, just click on the link in your booking confirmation email and follow the steps. Please try to give us as much notice as possible.
To find the open hours of any of our pubs please visit the homepage for your local pub and it will appear at the top of the page.
At Mitchells and Butlers we take the needs and the equal treatment of all our guests extremely seriously. We have invested heavily in this area in recent years and are committed to ensuring our facilities and services are accessible to all in line with the Disability Discrimination Act 2004.
However, in some circumstances, often in smaller sites or perhaps in listed buildings, alterations are not possible. Therefore, alternative arrangements are put in place to assist disabled guests. For example, where a ramp can't be installed in an entry due to difficulties with planning permission, small temporary ramps may be provided. To be certain that the site you are visiting is practical for disabled access, we would always suggest that a guest contact the pub beforehand.
Please visit the homepage for the pub you would like to visit and view the menu to see all of the prices
Please see our current menu and talk to a team member about any specific dietary requests. Our chefs will do their best to accommodate you
Although our chicken breasts are not free-range, we're pleased to confirm that they are Red Tractor Farm Assured
Should a guest look under the age of 21 (or 25 in Scotland), then identification will then be asked for, of which only the following will be accepted:
✔ International passport
✔ UK or European Union photo-card driving licence (full or provisional)
✔ Proof of age card with 'PASS' accredited hologram
Our Challenge 21 (or 25 in Scotland) scheme is firmly embedded within the Company. In line with police guidance, our pub teams are fully trained to recognise and accept the above forms of ID.Our Challenge 21 scheme is firmly embedded within the Company. In line with police guidance, our pub teams are fully trained to recognise and accept the above forms of ID.
By law it is an offence to sell alcohol to a person aged under 18. Anyone under the age of 16 years must be accompanied by an adult. As a retailer of alcohol, we are mindful of our duty of care to our customers, staff and the wider community. It is therefore Mitchells & Butlers' Company policy not to allow under 18s to consume alcohol on our premises under any circumstances.
Through a carefully maintained relationship between our suppliers and processors, our butchers can guarantee that the Beef we source meets the highest standard of quality and is traceable from field to fork.
Only cattle from assured farms produced to a quality standard mark are used for our pubs with the highest standards of beef farming practices and animal welfare maintained.
We're delighted that you'd like to keep in touch. Simply find another pub and sign up for all our latest news and offers.
Please ensure you have signed up to our newsletter and or app , please note that not all guests will receive the same offer at the same time.
When you signed up to our newsletter, did you enter your date of birth? If not, find a recent email and click on the "email preferences" link to update your details. Please allow up to 4 weeks from sign up to your Birthday to receive your voucher.
To stop receiving our news and offers via email, just click on the "unsubscribe" link, which can be found at the very bottom of every email we send to you.
For set menu offers, as long as you are seated and order between the applicable hours of the offer then you are entitled to the discount.
Due to the volume of requests we receive we are unable to deal with unsolicited supplier calls and emails. If you are interested in becoming supplier please send your details in writing to - Procurement Department, Mitchells & Butlers, 27 Fleet Street, Birmingham, B3 1JP
Wireless internet, or WiFi for short, lets smartphones, tablets, laptops, cameras and all other WiFi-enabled devices connect to the internet using radio waves (via a router).When using a WiFi hotspot, your device needs to have its WiFi capability switched on (it should be somewhere under 'settings' or 'connections'), and you need to be in range of the hotspot.
We've installed free O2 Wifi at every one of our pubs, making each of them an 'O2 Wifi hotspot'. Unlike many other kinds of WiFi hotspots, O2 Wifi is free – no hidden charges or nasty surprises, just free, fast and easy internet access. And it's available to everyone, whether or not you're an O2 customer. You can sign up for O2 Wifi at any of its hotspots. Once registered, your WiFi-enabled devices will be connected automatically every time you visit an O2 Wifi hotspot. You don't need any passwords or usernames to connect, and using the service won't eat into your mobile data allowance.
It's simple. Just register your details the first time you access our free service (unless you've already done so at another O2 Wifi hotspot). You'll only need to do this once and you can enter up to five devices. Once signed up, your smartphone, tablet, laptop or whatever WiFi-enabled device you've registered will connect automatically every time you drop by one of our pubs (or other O2 hotspot).
It's easy to get online using our free WiFi:
1)Check that your device's WiFi is switched on
2)Select 'O2 Wifi' from the network list
3)Open your internet browser and follow the sign-up instructions (enter your phone number and the name of the device(s) you're connecting with)
4)O2 Wifi will send you a text message containing a code. Enter this plus a few simple details
5)Your welcome page should appear – you're now connected
Just click the 'No mobile coverage' link at the bottom of the page and follow the registration process. You'll be given two hours of free usage to tide you over until you can access your SMS. But you will need to fully register (with the code you've been sent) on your next visit our pubs or another venue with O2 Wifi.
The strength of O2 Wifi depends on things like how far you are from the access point (although if you're inside one of our pubs, that shouldn't be a problem). Or how many people are trying to connect to the same hotspot at the same time. Also, some gadgets connect to WiFi quicker than others.
You'll find additional info at o2WiFi.co.uk. Alternatively, call O2 Wifi's customer support line on 0844 4632626, which is open 8am-9pm from Monday to Friday, 8am-8pm on Saturdays and 8am-6pm on Sundays.
A number of reasons. One, security – it helps us protect you from nasty viruses and fraud. Two, legally we need to ask people to register some information about themselves before using the service (to comply with European Data Retention directives). This information may be made available to authorities as required, but we won't share your details with any third party companies. Three, it's simpler. Registering means you don't have to log in when you visit our pub or any other O2 Wifi hotspot. You'll also get the opportunity to opt in for news and offers from our pub.
The terms and conditions for using our free WiFi internet service can be found on the landing page when you connect to the O2 Wifi hotspot.
O2 Wifi's wireless network is one of the most secure public access networks. When using it you'll see a personalised welcome page with your name displayed – so when you enter an O2 Wifi hotspot, you'll know that it's genuine.
However, your device will be connected to a public network and, as such, may still be vulnerable. O2 Wifi offers the following tips and precautions to help you to protect your personal data:
1)Look for URLs/addresses starting 'https' when using websites that require logging in (e.g. online email, Facebook or Twitter). The 's' in https means that the page is encrypted and your details are therefore more secure
2)Only enter info like personal banking details once you know the website is secure (look for the padlock icon on your browser, click on it to confirm it is secure)
3)Avoid leaving credit card details exposed on-screen
4)Be careful when responding to emails – avoid divulging any personal or financial details, and remember that your bank will never ask you to send them your password or PIN
5)Avoid 'phishers' (sites that resemble legitimate businesses but are in fact fakes designed to steal your personal details)
6)Install and update well-known anti-virus software and personal firewalls if appropriate
7)Ensure that you turn off automatic log-in facilities and that you log out when your session ends (check that 'Keep me logged in' boxes are not ticked)
8)Use a secure, free VPN to connect to the internet – O2 Wifi recommends http://hotspotshield.com/
9)Ensure that your device is password or pin-protected
10) Don't leave your laptop unattended in a public place. Lock your screen if you absolutely need to leave it
If your gift card has expired whilst our venues were temporarily closed, please be reassured that your balance has not been lost.
We have extended the expiry date of all gift cards issued between 01/07/20 and 31/03/21. These cards can now be used until 31/03/23. And all cards issued between 01/04/21 and 30/09/21 can now be used until 22/09/23.
So, if your gift card was affected by covid you will now have until at least 31st March 2023 to spend and enjoy your balance.
For all gift cards sold from 01/10/21:
A Gift Card is valid for 24 months from the later of the date that any value was last loaded onto the Gift Card, or the date that any value on the Gift Card was last redeemed.
If you are unsure of the balance or expiry date for your card you can check it here: www.showmybalance.com
Gift cards are available to purchase online here. If you order online, you can choose either a digital gift card received by email or you can send a physical gift card, delivered by post inside of a greetings card with your own personalised message.
You can also buy physical gift cards from any of our pubs. Just pop into your nearest pub and speak to a team member.
You can credit our gift cards with any denomination of £5, up to the total value of £250 each
Gift Cards are valid for 24 months from the later of the date that any value was last loaded onto the Gift Card, or the date that any value on the Gift Card was last redeemed.
An eGift Card is an electronic Gift Card sent via email. On the delivery date you choose, a message is sent to the recipient informing them of your gift, with a link to retrieve it online. The link in the email displays a page showing the eGift Card you created (the design you selected, with your recipient's name and your personalised message), its value and card details. This page also gives simple instructions for redeeming the eGift Card.
You will receive an email message confirming delivery, and a message notifying you that the eGift Cards have been viewed. If the eGift Cards go un-viewed for 15 days after delivery, you will receive a message with options for resolving the issue. You may also contact Customer Support with the order number from the email you received confirming your purchase, and we can let you know if the recipient has viewed their eGift Cards.
Just show the email (either on your smartphone or as a print-out) or text message, which will contain a unique gift code, to your server, who will then redeem it for you.
Not at all. If there is any remaining balance on your gift card, feel free to come back and spend it before the expiry date.
Certainly. The easiest way is via this website https://diningout.cashstar.com/store/recipient?locale=en-gb
Alternatively, you can contact the corporate gift card team on 0330 236 9310 or email us at [email protected]
1. General Terms:
· Mitchells & Butlers Leisure Retail Ltd (“Dining Out Gift Card”) supplies both physical gift cards (“Physical Gift Cards”) and digital gift cards (“eGift Cards”) to guests, together referred to herein as (“Gift Cards”) which are issued by Mitchells & Butlers Leisure Retail Ltd, 27 Fleet St, Birmingham, B3 1JP (registered no 1001181), VAT Number – VAT Number and are supplied via the Gift Card agent, Blackhawk Network (Europe) Limited registered in England and Wales with its registered office at Westside, London Road, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP3 9TD England (registered number 07956446), who operates this website.
· If you have any complaints about our service or any Gift Cards you purchase from us or wish to contact us please contact the Gift Card Guest Services on 0331 630 5409, opening hours are 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week, or email on [email protected].
· Gift Cards are redeemable as eGifts or Physical Gift Cards. With the exception of shipping fees for the delivery of Physical Gift Cards, no additional fees will be imposed on purchasers or recipients of a Gift Card.
· Gift Cards cannot be refunded or exchanged for cash or credit. The Gift Card is not a cheque guarantee, credit, debit or charge card.
· If we are unable to accept your order, the system will inform you of this and will not charge you. This might be because of a suspicious transaction alert identified on our system or because we do not deliver Gift Cards to your location.
· Physical Gift Cards have no value until activated. Details of how to activate Physical Gift Cards will be included with each delivery. eGift Cards will be activated at the point of ordering. eGift Cards are valid either presented on a smart phone or printed out.
2. Expiry of Gift Cards: Our Gift Cards are valid for valid for 24 months from the later of the date that any value was last loaded onto the Gift Card, or the date that any value on the Gift Card was last redeemed.
3. View Your Balance: Gift Cards are available in variable denominations, and you can choose any denomination between £5 - £250. No change will be given but Gift cards can be used multiple times until all of the remaining balance is spent. Card balances can be checked by clicking www.showmybalance.com. Alternatively, you can check your balance in any Mitchells & Butlers venue
4. Your Rights To End The Contract: You have the right, in addition to your other rights, to cancel your order for Gift Cards, provided you are within the cooling off period of (i) in the case of eGift Cards fourteen (14) days after the date that we confirm that we accept your order or (ii) in the case of Physical Gift Cards (14) days after the day that they are delivered to you.
If you choose to receive your eGift Cards before expiry of the fourteen (14) day cooling off period, you acknowledge and accept that you will lose your right to end the contract once downloading of the digital content begins.
5. Returns: Subject to the cooling off period you may not return or cancel your Gift Cards after they are received. If you wish to cancel your Gift Cards order prior to its delivery, please contact our Gift Card Guest Services on 0331 630 5409.
6. Lost or Stolen Gift Cards: Please keep your Gift Cards secure, as if they were cash. We are not responsible if the Gift Cards are lost, stolen, destroyed or used without permission. We reserve the right to cancel Gift Cards, if we reasonably suspect fraud or misconduct. Damaged, altered or cancelled Gift Cards will not be accepted.
7. Limitations: The Gift Card is valid at any Mitchells & Butlers venue in the UK as detailed at www.thediningoutgiftcard.co.uk/ and subject to the conditions set out below. The Gift Card cannot be used (i) to make any online purchase (ii) at any Moto or other Mitchells & Butlers franchise or (iii) at any site not managed by Mitchells & Butlers: please check with your server that the Gift Card can be used at the particular site before ordering. Venues can be added and/or removed from the list above at any time at Mitchells & Butlers’ discretion.
Gift Cards cannot be resold, transferred for value, or redeemed for cash.
Unused Gift Cards cannot be transferred or returned, and orders cannot exceed £5000 per day.
9. Dining Out Gift Card Gift Card Guest Service: If you need assistance with any aspect of your purchase, or use of your Gift Cards, please contact Gift Card Guest Services on 0331 630 5409. You will be required to provide your order number.
10. Payment Methods: Gift Cards may be paid for with a valid Debit or Credit Card (we do not accept American Express).
11. Delivery Information: During the order process we will let you know when we will provide the Gift Cards to you. The costs of delivery for Physical Gift Cards will be as displayed to you on our website. eGift Cards will be delivered free of charge. Physical Gift Cards can be delivered to valid addresses within the United Kingdom with the exception of the Channel Islands. We are not responsible for Gift Cards that are not received due to your failure to enter an accurate physical address or email address for the recipient. If you have concerns about your order, please our Gift Card Guest Services on 0331 630 5409.
12. Reasons for Failed Delivery of eGift Cards: eGift Cards are delivered via email. If you have confirmed the recipient's email address but the eGift Cards have not been viewed within a reasonable period after the requested delivery date, the following is a list of the most common reasons why delivery may have failed:
· Spam filter blocked email or routed it to a bulk/spam folder
· Recipient's firewall blocked the email
· Email inbox is over size limit
· Invalid email address
If a spam filter is blocking Gift Card emails from getting to an inbox, the email options will need to be modified so that Gift Card emails are not considered spam.
If you need further assistance, contact our Gift Card Guest Services on 0331 630 5409. Please be ready to provide your order number.
13. Personalised Messaging : If you wish to add a personal message to your Dining Out Gift Card Gift Cards, simply type your message in the message field during the purchase process.
Gift Cards personal messages are limited in length to the space provided on the eGift Cards, or to the space provided on the presentation carrier of Physical Gift Cards and there is no additional charge to include a personalised message.
We reserve the right to cancel inappropriate, offensive or otherwise objectionable messages.
14. Updates to Terms and Conditions: We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions from time to time.
15. Governing Law: These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of your Gift Cards in the English courts.
Each of our pubs makes its own decisions regarding charity and raffle prizes. Just contact the manager of your nearest pub to discuss it with them directly.
It is important to us that our pubs and pubs provide a safe, social and welcoming environment for all our guests. From time to time our pub teams may have to make a decision to bar an individual guest for the safety of our other guests and staff. These decisions are made at the manager's discretion, at a local level and we support their right as responsible license holders to make such decisions. Consequently all decisions are final and cannot be appealed centrally via our Retail Support Centre.
We welcome all breast feeding mothers into our businesses.
Please contact the pub directly prior to your visit.
We allow guide dogs and assistant dogs into our businesses. Many of our pubs allow dogs in their garden areas, but please check with the business before you visit to avoid disappointment.
For the comfort of all our guests Mitchells & Butlers do not allow the use of electronic cigarettes within our premises.